Re: Rives BFK

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:13:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 SCHRAMMR@WLSVAX.WVNET.EDU wrote:

> Judu,
>
> Just made a couple brush-developed gum prints (monochrome) about two weeks
> ago in preperation for a show at a local college. These were made on Rives
> BFK. One was afterward overprinted with VDB. The BFK was purchased within the
> last 6 months. BTW, the prints were of Grand Central Station from a neg I
> made during our last visit to NYC.
>
> I hope this is not true. Why would they do such a dumb thing? If it ain't
> broke......

I understand from David Aldera at NY Central that sometimes they have to
change the size for environmental purposes. I think that's what happened
for a while to the Strathmore artists. Also, our use is small, relatively,
sometimes they have to go to a cheaper method because of competition...

But thanks for the info, let us pray...

Judy