Re: And teapots (was Re: Web vs print (was exhibition alt imagery)

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:44 +0000 (GMT)

Judy

I plead guilty of having tried to accuse you of some common sense, and to
pour a little light (perhaps where the teapot comes in) into some of the
darker areas of your misconceptions. I should obviously have left you -
like tea - to stew in them. I apologised at the time for having done so!
(:-))

I can't understand why you wish to continually bring it up. As for my 'old
friend' I wrote to him immediately telling him exactly what I though of
his comments about you; it isn't quotable here. I'm sure I told you about
that. He may be an old friend, but that certainly doesn't mean I approve
of all he does or always stick up for him. I do however like to see fair
play (one of our English traditions, as well as tea) and as those who were
here at the time will know there was a fair amount of deliberate baiting
of him involved - and later bragged about - on the list.

Your comment isn't a matter of setting the record straight, but of you
seizing an opportunity to drag up some very cold tea and to restate your
own opinions and interpretations of events. You're utterly convinced you
are in the right and so far as I'm concerned you were in some ways wrong
at the time - I found some of your private communications to me both
insulting and arrogant - and are even more wrong in continuing to hark
back on it; the matter is essentially trivial and not relevant to the
business of the list.

Let's drop this personality stuff and talk about alt process and putting
pictures on the web, both in resource material and in exhibitions and
about photography.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/