Alt Photo Group

Gene Laughter (glaughter@earthlink.net)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 07:13:55 -0500

The thread on Mortensen has jogged my memory as I had this info in my
files.

Back in the halcyon, pre-war days of the late thirties, a band of alt
photographers of the day formed a loosely organized postal portfolio
group. The son of one
of the members furnished me with a list of names and addresses of the
forty-seven members of this group. A few of the workers (and their
specialty) in this group:

C.L. Chafee - Brooksville Ohio (Bromoil and Kallitype)

Dr. A.E. F. Chaffer - Sydney Australia (Bromoil and Carbon)

J. Oritz Echague - Madrid Spain (Fresson)

Adolf Fassbender - New York N.Y. (Ozotrype)

W.A. Foster - Chanforth England (Gum and Fresson). I know Bill and he is
now doing Bromoil!

G.L. Hawkins - Minehead England (Bromaloid)

Franklin I. Jordan - Canton Mass. (Various)

Clarence Koch - Cincinnatti Ohio (Various)

William Mortensen - Laguna Beach CA (Bromoil Transfer/Mortensen Color
Process)

Hugo Rudinger - Berkely CA (Bromoil Transfer)

Max Thorek - Chicago ILL (Paper Negative)

etc., etc.

Wow! What an alt photo group!

Cheers,

Gene