Re: Re: Web vs print (was exhibition alt imagery)

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 20:29 +0000 (GMT)

> <<But as you FORCE me to say yet again, to my mind the print format is
> superior for all the purposes of P-F,>>
>
> I agree with Judy. I can not take a web page with me into the darkroom
> to use
> as reference to do my work and dislike reading everything on that
> radiating
> screen. The Post-Factory is an excellent reference and one that serves
> us all
> very well, wheter or not our particular favorite process is mentioned
> in a
> particular issue.
>
> I feel there is room however, for an on line gallery for members to
> show their
> work. Let us put our many talents towards this end for the benefit of
> all.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul

Fortunately I have a print button on my web browser, so I can print the
up-to-date information I want to take with me into the darkroom or
elsewhere.

But I'm not suggesting that Judy should abandon her great work. Just that
there are other things that some at least of the rest of us should be
doing.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/