Re: The future of film & alt-processes

joel lederer (lederer@netvision.net.il)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:28:28 +0200

I was very excited to read the clipping below. I have been joking around
with my photo friends for a while now about how nano-technology will take
over (perhaps it will take us over too :)).
    I'm waiting for the "nano-camera". The match boxed sized contraption
that will send billions of microscopic cameras into a field gathering all
sorts of info, sending it back to a computer which will process the info for
us to select from and print as gum over chrysotype.
    Or better yet , how about the "nano-print"? An image made of millions of
light projectors on a 2 dimensional surface (or even forming a light
sculpture) . The density range of the picture could match a daylight scene
perfectly, imagine walking in to a gallery and seeing prints that give off
light? The picture could even change from night to day as in Daguerre's
dioramas.
    I hope that I live long enough to see this happen.
Joel Lederer -Tel Aviv