Re: Densitometer

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:35:47 -0500 (EST)

I found this message in my "postpone" file, though I have no idea how it
got there (I never did it). If I sent it already, sorry, but even if,
it's worth saying again...

The subject was reading density without a densitometer....

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Steve Shapiro wrote:

> Where do I send my $5.40 for the strip?
> >
> >As does my method with a Stouffer 21-step, 2 white cards and a light
> >table, total cost $5.40 retail. Total operating time, 5 seconds.
> >
> >Judy

Stouffer (in which I own no stock, although if they wanted to be nice they
could give me some) is

<www.stouffer.net>, or 219/234-5023

as listed page 50 in P-F #2, if I may add what Bill Laven calls a
shameless plug, but what seems to me a public spirited informational
service. They will charge for postage, which will, however, be the same
for several strips, so that I STRONGLY advise while you're at it getting
at least 2 or 3. One by itself gets lonely & wanders off just when you
need it most. Equally important, often it's much more efficient to run
several tests at a time.

I bought my first 21-step, BTW, "retail," for $10, which wasn't out of
line, though I had to go uptown (which is, of course, a shock to the
system) to get it.

Dealers will order, probably, but few seem to have it in stock.

Judy