Re: re-photographing negatives

ENIO ALVES (enioalves@hotmail.com)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:24:51 -0800 (PST)

>>> Has anyone tried "taking a picture" of a small negative on a
light
>> table with a large format camera. I realize that a very long bellows
stretch would be necessary but I think that about 20 inches extension on
a 4x5 would be okay for a 6x6 cm neg and maybe 35mm.

>I used to do that with nitrate negatives that have become damaged.
Usually,

Yes, I do it often! All you need is macro lenses, or close up lenses.
Try to use any camera format with low speed films. Now, if you are using
color film don't forget to use the right filter (FLD or FLW) to correct
color patterns.
Enio Leite, from Brazil