Re: X ray

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:08:40 +0100 (MET)

Ok I'll take the bait..:-)..I have reported on the use of Xray film a
couple of times in the past, but I will repeat a few things:

I work with Xray film on a regulair basis, and have used it also for
pinhole photography, and for making large negatives

I've worked with two types:
Blue based Konica A2 (20 *40 cm)
Brown based Kodak XAR-5 (20 * 24 cm)

Processing is the same for both films; Kodak is the fast one, but Konica
gave me a approx speed of 800 ASA (under Tungsten) and 1600 ASA daylight
(!)

Both films have emulsion on both sides, so no anti-halo layer.
Processing: 2-5 minutes in Kodak D19 (undil., a high energy developer)
wash/stop and fix: standard.

Hope this is of some help

Cor Breukel

http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html