Re: A modest proposal -- the imp. signature

Kevin O'Brien (kob@paradise.net.nz)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:23:13 +1300

Most of us here are probably both photographers and photographic
printmakers. There is space and need for both. There is often a feeling of
'got-ya' when the shutter clicks, even if the exposure takes half an hour.
When in that mode my negs speak for themselves and once I have marked the
cropping any competent printer can do the rest. I enjoy the darkroom and
other times I know that film only contains the working material for a print
which has to be teased out. When it emerges that's it. Infrequently I have
gone into experimental mode where what has been produced has been of
questionable value. Which takes precedence the method or the image ?

Kevin O'Brien