Lawless bleach substitute?

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-dejanews.com)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:50:47 +0000

Hello!

Happily, my lith film came in and I'd like to try the Lawless process. At school there is a half bottle (maybe 6oz) of the T-max reversal bleach part B which says it's Sulpheric acid. I'm looking at a formula for R-9 which uses Sulpheric acid and Pot Dichromate. We have the dichromate in powder form.

Question, when the A & B are mixed, do they have a shelf life? I think the Lawless instruction calls for a 1+9 dilution w/ water?

I'm a bit confused as to the amount of the Sulpheric acid (T-max part "B" Bleach) to use? Anyone with T-max reversal kit experience? Is the Sulpheric acid full strength and then you mix with water, or is it already at working strength?

Regarding the Sodium Sulphite clearing bath, are there any alternatives if we don't have it? If this is the same stuff used to clear Polaroid negs, then we have it.

The formula I have for R-9 is:

Water 1.0 liter
Potassium Dichromate 9.5 grams
Sulpheric Acid 12ml (it doesn't indicate the solution)

Clearing

Sodium Sulphite 50 grams
Water to make 1000ml

Any advice on mixing the bleach? I know to ad the acid to the water slowly - is that slowly like pouring a drink or drop by drop?

Do I ad the Pot Dichromate solution to the Sulpheric acid & water?

Thanks

Mac

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums