Re: water distillation units

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 14:57:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, William Laven wrote:

> One of the things remakrred upon, as you'd expect, is that some people
> enjoy pretty damned good tap water and others don't. There are some tap
> waters more alkaline than distilled wtaer, some more acidic.

It does seem that even in NYC, where the quality of the tap water is
*legendary* the actual formulation differs from day to day, especially I
suspect from season to season. In the summer they put in some, whatever,
like mint julep, at the pump house, and in the winter, maybe a bit of a
spice mull. This is confirmed by reports from the water department about
their additives, also by my own experience using formulas at same
temperature different seasons.

Plus, of course, like they say, "you never step into the same river
twice."

Judy