Re: Coating

FotoDave@aol.com
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 16:08:05 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 3/5/99 12:53:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com writes:

> spin coating can work well. My father used this
> method years ago when he made albumen emulsion plates working in the
> Blueprint business.

Hi Bob,

This is not something that I would experiment or try right away. So far I am
only doing small gum, and hand coating works fine, but since we are talking
about it, I thought I would gather as much info. as I can. Who knows, maybe I
will try it some day.

And it seems like for trying, it doesn't take much. I have speed drill, so it
doesn't need any more equipment. But right now I don't have any clue of how it
is done at all. Does one pour the emulsion in the center and then let it spin?

>The problem is that it is difficult to coat large
> surfaces and to control thickness. Make sure you test all the variables.

Do you happen to remember how large was large. Since you mentioned about the
use in a blue print business, it must not be very small either.

Dave