Re: hate mail

William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 16:46:07 -0800 (PST)

>At the risk of this post being called hate mail, let me ask you this: You
>ask for civility and it seems you do not want flame wars. I agree.
>Disagreements and comments should be sent privately. But why do some on
>this list insist of taking a private mail message and posting it publicly?
>This is insane. Some do not want a flame war, and to help eliminate the
>possibility of one, it is agreed by many, that some comments and replies
>that are not for the list be sent privately.
>
>Then, someone takes that private message, makes it public and the very
>thing happens that is not supposed to happen. Do some of you not quite get
>the idea here? List Ops, jump in here.

I agree. As cruel and obnoxious as the letter was, it was a private letter
which should have been responded to privately. Let's get our boundaries
clear here.

                           WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

   Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com