Re: hate mail

William Laven (wmlaven@platinotype.com)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 16:54:22 -0800 (PST)

> <i don't expect i will get anymore?> There is some
>confusion in my mind about the origin of the "Hate Mail" message. I
>would like the author to own up to the words or the supposed author
>to deny any association. I can not comprehend how this may have
>happened. Will someone please come forward. Jewelia - please say
>that the message in question was received from "who ever it was" - I
>hate making assumptions. Nick Makris

Even though this private letter has become public, it is still
inappropriate to know the author's identity; that's between him and her and
Jewelia. Two privacy-wrongs don't make a public-right. The letter should
have stayed private and the author's name should stay private as well. If
Nick or anyone hates making assumptions, then stop making them. If people
are uncivil in public (ie this list) then its a public issue; if they're
uncivil in private then its a personal issue. And moving a private message
into a public domain doesn't make the original letter public, but it does
make the act of violating a person's privacy a public issue.

                           WILLIAM LAVEN PHOTOGRAPHY

   Workshops and tutorials in Platinum/Palladium printing and Zone System.

   1931 23rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
   415-647-9432 (voice) 415-647-9438 (fax)
   wmlaven@platinotype.com
   http://www.platinotype.com