Re: I still have a unanswered question

dalrymple (dalrymple@rglobal.net)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 06:53:20 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: garimo <omirag@cruzio.com>
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
<alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Date: Sunday, March 07, 1999 7:15 PM
Subject: I still have a unanswered question

It's just that I can't find a
>description in my (very limited supply) of photography books the
>difference between potassium dichromate and ammonium dichromate.

I'm far from being a superstar, but I do know ammonium dichromate is more
light sensitive than potassium dichromate.

I can also paraphrase a paragraph from The New Photography by Catherine
Reeve & Marilyn Sward. . ."There are some interchangeable terms:
"bichromate" and "dichromate" are the same, and "potassium bichromate" is
interchangeable with "ammonium dichromate." The former is less expensive;
the latter, faster."

Are you, however, looking for a more scientific description of postassium
and ammonium dichromates?

Marilyn Dalrymple