UV exposure meter? (fwd)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:41:33 -0500 (EST)

Paul Lehman is having trouble reaching the list, so sent this message with
request to forward... looks to me like VERRRRRY interesting topic... I
think he's able to read the list, so send replies there, or to

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:58:03 -0600
From: Paul A. Lehman <palehman@LIFE.UAMS.EDU>

When you have a minute, take a look at

www.safesun.com

They are selling a small meter that quantifies UV exposure. Although
intended for human skin exposure, do you think this item may be a
functional quantitative and qualitative UV exposure meter for
alt-processes? It sells for $109 for the basic model and $169 for the
advanced model. Is this cheaper than commercial meters currently
available?

[editorial comment: I assume the web page tells what wavelength it
monitors, and since we know the gist of our wave lengths, that might be
the story. I surely hope some of the web-aholics on this list will go
there & report back...]

This may turn out to be a viable option for monitoring UV
exposure conditions for alt-processes (carbon, gum, cyanotype,
etc)...

I have no connection with this company in any way. I came across
it in a trade journal (I work in dermatology research, but a
photographer on the side).

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Paul A. Lehman