Crane's paper for Pt/Pd (fwd)

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 02:38:23 -0500 (EST)

Folks, I got this message today, and since paper for platinum isn't my
long strong suit, and I've given enough bad information for one day, I
figured I'd pass it along and see if anyone else can answer.

Well,I'm sure you can... You could answer to the list, because the info
might be of wider interest (people DO print platinum) & I'll forward back
to Stuart, or e-mail him directly...

Thanks....

 ----------
Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:34:08 +0000
From: stuart goldstein <satgre@worldnet.att.net>
To: jseigel@panix.com
Subject: Crane's paper for Pt/Pd

====== cut==========

My classmate and I are just getting into Pt/Pd printing and I bought some
paper directly from Cranes. I bought crest natural white wove 90# cover stock
because they told me that they don't sell a paper called Platinotype but I was
assured by one of Crane's reps that this is what Dick Arentz uses. Also the
description of this paper matched the description of the Crane Platinotype
paper in Photographers Formulary.

Well, it arrived today and it doesn't have the same feel as the paper that I
used in a one day pt seminar that I took (and when I spoke with the instructor
today, he told me that he only uses the Cranes for class because it's less expensive).

Have you (or anyone you know) used this paper and were you successful? Because
my classmate and I are on limited budgets, we don't want to waste any money.
My experience is starting to turn into a "pennywise and pound foolish" situation.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Stuart Goldstein