Re: Uneven staining of film with rotary processing

FotoDave@aol.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:13:52 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 3/15/99 7:50:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:

> Would anyone know if if there is some kind of any liner one could put in a
> Jobo or home-made tube that would allow tranfer of the developing solutions
> to the back of the film?

Sandy,

When I talked to Jobo about this problem, they actually suggested me to use
the print drum which has ribs so chemical can flow on the back side as well.
With that, I now don't have any problem with uneven staining.

The only problem that one might have, according to Jobo, is that the ribs
might scratch the back side of the negative. I never had that problem, but if
I do, maybe the ribs can be smoothed with very fine sand paper.

Dave S