Re: Hand tinting Pt/Pd Print

Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:45:54 -0600

David, I have used watercolors on platinum/palladium prints. You would need to
treat the paper if you wanted to use oils such as marshall's. I did some test
with then and was very unhappy with the results. after some conversations with
painters, treating the paper, I think with an acrylic medium. I found the
water colors on a dry print worked nice. The thicker papers worked better for
me. I did some work on Beinfang 360 and found it more difficult to work with,
although it worked nicely with pencils and pastels. I use brushes sized from
00000 to 10.

Hope this helps. I have some samples on my web site. I have just down loaded
it on to a new server and haven't worked out the bugs. It is still up on the
old site as well: http://laplaza.org/~ejnasn

--
Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9