Re: Hand tinting Pt/Pd Print

Dave (dpayne@pacifier.com)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:11:16 -0800

David,

I did some tinting of Ziatypes and I went down to the art store and just bought
a nice watercolor paint set. Not the cheap kind, but the high quality sets with
the paints that come in tubes. You still mix them with water though so you need
a mixing tray and some assorted brushes. Brushes are kind of spendy, but again
don't buy the cheap ones. Since the papers we use are watercolor type papers it
works great. It takes some practice though as it is easy to get the paint to
dark. I use a scrap piece of paper to run the brushes back and forth on first
to make sure the color and intensity is corect before brushing on the print.

It is great fun!

Dave Payne