Re: Kallitype image invertion/oops!

Jacques Augustowski (jacquesa@acd.ufrj.br)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:04:08 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Kevin,
Dick states that Carlos overloaded his prints w/ silver. You said that
keeping the percentage down helps. My question is, why the same silver
concentration can reverse and sometimes it doesn't. As Dick wrote and my
future testing, is how deep the emulsion sinks into the paper. A
superficial coating or a rapid drying could give a reversal or is it
necessary to let the emulsion soak more into the paper. What paper did
Carlos use and what was his coating and drying methods. Did he use any
sizing? Solarization does occur in Pt/Pd, mainly to over exposure, but it
may occur also by the coating methods.
Jacques