Re: Salted paper blotch

Joe Portale (jportale@gci-net.com)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:24:05 -0700

Joao,

Do you use gelatine in you salting solution? If not, you can get blotches
because of the way the solution will soak into the paper. Second, what type
of paper are you using. I have found that there are some papers that do not
absorb the solution evenly.

Finally, use a glass rod to spread the silver nitrate solution. I really
like the brush marks, but it takes a great deal of practice to get it on
evenly.

Hope this helps,

Joe Portale