Re: Salted paper blotch

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:00 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi Guys,
>
> HELP!!!
>
> I am trying to do salted paper but just can't get it uniform. The image
> comes awful (looks like a peeled wall)
> I am brushing the salt and silver nitrate solutions.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Joao

Why brush the salt? Soak the paper for a minute or two and then hang to
dry.

When you brush the silver nitrate on, you need to be fairly generous -
don't try to spread it too far. Brush across and back, then up and down to
make sure. For this step use subdued light - avoid sun or other UV sources
 or even some fluorescent may be a problem. Dry in a reasonably dark place
too.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows and elsewhere:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Family Pictures, German Indications, London demonstrations &
The Buildings of London etc: http://www.spelthorne.ac.uk/pm/