Re: Paper for Oil Printing

Kevin O'Brien (kob@paradise.net.nz)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 07:58:06 +1200

The information that you shared is very useful to me
>as I also do gum and have wanted to try adding starch or other "tooth" to
the
>size. Specifically, I think that adding starch to acrylic medium might
work.
>When I get to it, I will let you (and the list) know.
>Dave S

Try using diatomaceous earth which is used as a flatting agent in acrylic
medium and paints. A little will add quite a bit of tooth without
significantly affecting the transparency.
Any printing ink manufacturer should be able to give a can full which last a
lifetime.

Kevin O'Brien