Re: virus help

Eugene Robkin (erobkin@uwc.edu)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:30:21 -0600

Actually the Mellisa virus problem has absolutely nothing to do with
welcoming or not welcoming attachments on lists.

If you get an email, from any source, with the Mellisa virus and open the
attached doc, and if you have the right system, and if you have a list
address at the top of your emailer address book, then Mellisa will
automatically grab the first names from your email address book and send
the list copies of itself, including the attachements, before you can stop it.

Ordinary netiquette and other forms of proper behavior are not the issue.
Deliberate bad behavior by the Mellisa author(s) is the problem.

ER