Re: Trials and Tribulations of the Digital Neg

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 07:07:44 -0500

Mark,

I can't verify the superiority of using the Scitex CT file type for
making photographic negatives, but, wearing my Graphic Designer hat I
can confirm that a number of first-rate printers and prepress houses use
this file format in preference to all others for normal four-color
printing applications. Of course you're looking at a whole different set
of parameters when "tricking" the imagesetter into making a photographic
negative, but I wouldn't overlook the possibility that Scitex CT is a
clever way to go.

---Carl