Re: Trials and Tribulations of the Digital Neg.

DanPhoto@aol.com
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 09:12:38 -0500 (EST)

> when using digital negs, don't use the optical
>lightbanks usually described in manuals. Only a point lightsource will do
>- preferably a vacuum one

Thanks for the good info Carl. I'm curiouis about the above admonition
though. The dot undercutting that accompanies fluorescent banks (or is
assisted via an optical spacer between the negative and printing paper)
can be used to good advantage when printing on "normal" photographic
materials (as opposed to burning offset printing plates). We had a
discussion a while back about regaining some of the continuous-tone
behavior by just such techniques.

Thanks for your insights!

Dan