Re: paper and air polllution

Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:20:39 -0600

Nze,

Thanks for the information. Discoveries like these save all of us time,
money, and patience. I do wonder what chemical in the air freshener caused
this problem and what, if anything, it does to one's lungs which are more
absorbent than watercolor paper. Sil? Oh resident chemical guru, Help!

TTFN
Michael

At 01:56 01-04-99 -0500, you wrote:
>hello all
>
>last day as I was doing my test I use to print one sheet of a paper I know
>and another one with a new paper.
>As I do something special happen . I can't have a nice print . as I let the
>paper I buy in my lab at 50% RH as for my platine paper I don't understand
>why I got so much problem. I take a look to all my chemical bottle to see
>if one of them let vapor get out, but they don't. my ° and Rh are the same
>as usually!!!
>So I take one sheet of arches I keep in closed box and I make a good print
>as I use too.
>then take a look to things which could pollute air and find that my wife
>add an electric system to give a nice smell to the air . I stop it ,
>ventilate my lab . test new sheet and it work.All the paper I keep in this
>atmospere is out os use as this electric system put small particule in the
>air that goes in the paper and make it out of use.
>
>I as it happen to me I want to say it to you before someone want you to
>work in a good smell area.
>
>regards
>nze christian.

C. Michael McKinney, MFA