Re: paper and air polllution

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:02:48 -0500

At 99/04/01 08:20 AM -0600, Michael wrote:

>Thanks for the information. Discoveries like these save all of us time,
>money, and patience. I do wonder what chemical in the air freshener caused
>this problem and what, if anything, it does to one's lungs which are more
>absorbent than watercolor paper. Sil? Oh resident chemical guru, Help!

I'd have to know what the ingredients are. If it's a household chemical, they
are supposed to list the active ingredients on the label (at least in the US).
Sometimes, though, it's the inactive ones (which do not have to be listed) that
can cause the problem. Also, if the material is considered a "cosmetic" (like
perfume) nothing need be disclosed. Nze - if you will furnish the name(s) of
the ingredient(s), I can try to find out where the problem might be. Perhaps
even the name of the product can help.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net