Re: Microtech 4

Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 06:52:59 -0800

Not the 4 but with the Microtek 5. A friend purchased the 5 half a year ago
and I've done scans from 35mm that are pretty darned good. I compared them
to the work done off the Polaroid 35mm SprintScan and they are similar but
not quite as good as the Polaroid.
For 120 film, he was spotting a job (he does architectural interior/esterior
work) and noted a black spot on the wall, blew it up to check it out and
found it was a fly the film had recorded. That is a very good scan.
The work w/the formats larger than 120 are excellent.
That's all I can report Š but I must note the price of the Microtek 4 is
most interesting.
Jack Fulton