Re: paper and air polllution

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 12:35:09 -0500

Texte du message écrit par INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Nze, Do you do any traditional platinum/palladium printing? or only
ammonium
based? It would be interesting to know if it is related to the chemicals
that
you use, or a reaction in the paper. Perhaps with the sizing or buffering
agents.<

hello all

AS I write it I think that it react with paper. all the paper I stock in my
lab at this time is out of use.
I only do ammonium system for Pd/Pt so I don't know the reaction with
traditionnal but as it react with paper it should be not good too. I use
different paper with different sizing and adds ome self sized paper. and
what ever the sizing the paper was out of use.(starch, gelatin, alun
rosin).
I don't know the buffering agent contain in all my paper but they all have
the same reaction I could say that it don't depend on it or a little.

finnaly I would just say take care of your paper if you want to have good
print and don't loose your money in trying to make a good print with an
inffected paper.

nze christian (france)