RE: Trials and Tribulations of the Digital Neg.

Carl Fransman (salto@salto.be)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 20:37:42 +0100

Dear Charles,

Most, if not all, pointsources used in graphic arts workshops are ideal.
These are used to copy film to plates for instance. Most have
multi-spectrum lamps which peak between 350 and 410 nm which is ideal for
you process. They also have a vacuum system which is necessary to avoid
strange artifacts when using rasterized film.
I've been able to test my first prints like that in a local printshop.
Upon some explaining of what you want to do, most (small) printshops will
be happy to help - they even helped operating the thing... I now have a
system at my disposal. They can be found very cheap in the secondhand
market. With some talking to graphic arts dealers, they usually spot one
for sale very fast and cheaply - they do it as some extra service to
their customers for which the damn thing just takes a lot of space when
they buy a new - and usually bigger - one...

Greetings,

Carl Fransman

SALTO
Printing & Lithography