Re: Point vs. diffused light

Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 01:08:15 -0700

> Those who want fine detail on their prints (and who choose printing
> technologies that are capable of reproducing it) are well advised to
eschew
> barrier layers if they use light banks, or to seek out pointish light
> sources if they feel they must use a barrier layer.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Thank you Charles for an inalienable dissertation. Question: Eschew means
avoid?

Barrier layers means protection of your original negative?

Opting to print with a light bank and not use the mylar protection for negs,
gives a detailed print (as I too agree with this point) or you can't hope to
get a detailed print from a light bank at all?

And, did you happen to see Wm Lavin's Pt/Pd prints in last year's View
Camera magazine?

S. Shapiro
member of the Jewelia Margueritta Cameroon fan club.