Re: Diatamaceous earth

Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 08:57:47 -0600

Kaolin, a white powder which is a high grade clay, I think it is what is used in porcelain, can be used as a dulling agent as well. It can be gotten from any ceramics supply store.

I heard that diatomaceous earth killed the 6 legged critters by getting in the joints of their armor and they became immobilized due to it. Could also dry them out as well.

Not alt photo but handy tip anyway:

For carpet cleaning buy a bag of D.E. and mix some of it with good liquid carpet cleaner till it is damp. Brush it into the carpet with a stiff long handled brush. Let dry and then vacuum out. There are commercial versions that sell for about $20.00 a gallon. You can make your own for 25 cents a gallon. It is also great if you have dogs as it will kill any fleas in the carpet.

--Dick

505-474-0890 FAX 505-474-2857
http://www.bostick-sullivan.com
http://www.workingpictures.com