8x10 dupes and Pyro

Gary Miller (gmphotos@earthlink.net)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 21:29:58 -0700

I have a number of medium format negatives that I would like to enlarge to
8x10 to print in Pt/pd/zia. I have been using lith reversal, but it can be
a bit tedious. I was wondering if anyone has experience in taking a medium
format or large negative, making a silver gelatin print (8x10) and then
shooting a copy 8x10 negative and processing this in pyro. The 8x10 silver
print could be controlled more easily, ie dodging and burning, less
spotting, selenium toning, etc. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Miller