Re: Epson Platinums?

Larry Roohr (roohrphoto@orci.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 15:52:56 -0600

Well, I've been digging in today.

I'm printing a grayscale, reading it on the densitometer, then using math
software to exactly interpolate the curve to where I want density's to land
(no guessing), applying it as a transfer function, printing, re-reading
density, and darned if the Epson driver doesnt like to stick an extra couple
tenths of density units right in the 60% to 70% step, no matter what I do.

I guess if I wanted my consumer photo driver to look sharper I might boost
up the mid tone contrast a bit.

I'm afraid the epson driver is a real black-box (who knows whats inside), if
you want complete control it may be a problem.

I'm going to proceed and live with it for now.

I'm wondering about the postscript drivers available. Anyone out there have
any experience with them?

Larry