Re: Epson Platinums?

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 User659199@aol.com wrote:
> As you say D max doesn't seem to be the problem - but waxed paper couldn't be
> a quit satisfying solution.

Granted I'm a peasant gum printer, not a noble platinum-ite, but in my
tests a waxed paper negative was consistently better than one printed on
acetate or any of the film-type sheets sold for digital printers. In fact
if it were properly waxed (a cinch with the Epson, trickier with laser
toner) I could find nothing at all wrong with it. I'm wondering if the
fault is something I've missed, if it's just a feeling, or apparent in
some media, & not others... or possibly some other eye than mine ...?

I mention again in passing that the paper neg is faster, presumably
because it doesn't inhibit UV as does plastic.

Judy