Re: Kodalak/amyl acetate

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:20:52 -0400

Sil,

Just to curl your hair over a safety issue, at one time they sold carbon
tet in something like a hairspray can, as a *fire extinguisher*. Worse,
my seventh grade science teacher liked to use it to demonstrate
volatility--by letting students spray some into the palm of their hand
and watch it boil away and suck heat from their skin. Can you imagine
the liability action now? And this was in a much-touted brand new
regional school in the NYC suburbs in 1962.

And it sure is a great cleaner too. If only I could remember where I
left that spray can....

---Carl