Canon color copier for negatives?

Maureen E. Garde (mgarde@mars.superlink.net)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:47:45 -0400

I've lurked on this list for a long time, having just had one
platinum printing workshop which I've not had the time
to follow up. Thanks to all of the participants on the list,
I enjoy skimming to learn the possibilities to be explored
(some day!).

Im trying to recall if anyone has in the past posted
information on using the Canon color copier to make
negatives for alt processes. I have made positive copies
of both color and black and white prints and was amazed
at the quality of the results, particularly using the "photo"
rather than "text" setting. I stumbled over the possibilities
for making negatives when a friend brought to my attention
the fact that this copier has a positive to negative function.
I have only gotten so far as to print a "negative" from a
print onto very thin, onionskin type paper. Haven't had
the time to try to print anything from this "negative,"
though, in any process.

Incidentally, one handy thing that I have done is to take
a b&w negative, reverse it, and make a positive from
it. Worked nicely with an 8x10 negative, and with a
35mm I was able to enlarge it. The results aren't usable
except to check the neg if you haven't the chance to
make a positive, though, at least as far as I was able
to take it.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has pursued the
use of this copier in doing alt processes.
As I said, I don't recall seeing it discussed on this list.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Maureen
Maureen E. Garde (mgarde@mars.superlink.net)