Re: Zia and Bianfang 360 ?

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:05:13 -0400

Brian D. Miller wrote:
 I have always wondered about backing the bienfang with slightly damp
blotter paper during exposure, but at this point I have never tried it.
Perhaps this weekend.

That's a real interesting notion, Brian. I think I'd be a little more
conservative and instead of damp blotter paper use something like a
sheet of Platinotype or Platine humidified to the level normally used to
print on those papers. That might do a good job of creating the correct
conditions inside the environment of the print frame. It could work
better than my suggestion of a plastic dam since it's supplying
additional moisture instead of just trying to retain what's already
there (which may just not be enough).

---Carl