SALTO sample prints

Sam Wang (stwang@CLEMSON.EDU)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:28:12 -0400

A while back I answered Carl Fransman's offer of sample prints, and
yesterday they arrived. WOW! Fantastic reproductions of photographs, with
stochastic dots so fine that I could barely make them out through a 15X
loup! And what beautiful tones! I would not be surprised if these
reproductions are more beautiful than the original prints.

Did anyone else get them?

I have no idea if they would still give out any free samples, but the email
address is: salto@salto.be

BTW, they use a Barco imagesetter, capable of 10160 dpi and 600 lpi! They
are interested in producing digital negatives for Pt/Pd/Ziatype. That would
be great, except when I tried to project the amount of RAM necessary to
handle those files in Photoshop... whew!

Sam