RE: Stouffer T2115 Step Wedge

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:32:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Barry, Ken wrote:

> Ken, from whence did you purchase the wedge???
>

> Directly from Stouffer. Call them at 219-234-5023. $5.40 + $5.00 shipping
> in the US.
>
> Ken

BUT -- the $5 shipping is the same for several, so don't say I didn't warn
you: one by itself gets lonely and wanders off. The absolute minimum to
buy is 3, and then when the chips are down you always have one in a safe
place, like your spare car keys. Of course for serious testing, 6 or so
is the bare minimum (I can hardly function without 20), because that way
you run a raft of tests all at one time, and time is money, right?

Meanwhile, speaking of *cars,* I know this is a "car culture" but isn't
subject line "caramic" overdoing it? This is alt photo process, right?

And a final point (as explained in P-F #1), teachers can order a bunch of
T2115's on school stationery at a hefty discount. I bought 50 or more at a
time, so each student could have her/his own. Set them on the path to
righteousness from the start and a FAR better teaching tool than lectures.
Trying to *explain* about negatives is futile when you can simply show.
In fact, the "learning curve" became nearly perpendicular given a few
preliminaries with the step tablet and its use "with the white card and
the light table" for enlarged negatives.

cheers,

Judy