chrysotype

Nze christian (Nzec@compuserve.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:45:05 -0400

hello all
after a month without doing some test on chrysotype.
I made some good test today. first instead of using gold chloride I use
sodium gold chloride.
I mix it with ferric ammonium oxalate(it give me good result but too much
contrasty for a pt negative) and ferric ammonium citrate( I get good
print).
printing time is longer than pt/pd
with FAcitrate the image appear(more than in pt process or kallitype) and
devellop in water.

I use a 3% gold sodium chloride solution and add the same number of drop of
FAC.
the image appears more when the aper is humidify before print.
devellop in water. there is not a lot of gold going in the water.
I have no problem mixing this salt with FO, FAox , there is no staining on
any print .
I think this salt of gold is more stable than gold chloride.

I will put some print one my web page next week, let me some comments
I use it as additive to zia but it give to much contrast.
nze christian.(france)