Re: rc/fiber contact prints

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Tom Ferguson wrote:
> I assume Judy mentioned gum because it is her great love. There is nothing
> "the best?" about any process. The best process is the one that fit's your
> vision for your final exhibition work.

Well Judy was being flip, of course,,, sort of buzzing the topic which I
think both you and Sil after you address better... The question being why
do RC for exhibition or sale when it's quite unpleasant (or seems so to
many, obviously not to others) to the touch. The original asker deponeth
not. The answer may be simply that that doesn't show under glass, so what
the hay ? If it doesn't, that is, -- I don't think I ever saw framed RC
that I knew of.
But there is no doubt that contacting an RC print to lith film is an
excellent easy way to get a large neg for gum printing...

Judy