Re: [RE: Epson Platinums?]

Ström (strom_photo@usa.net)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 12:23:25 -0400 (EDT)

Charles Walters <CWalters@ColoradoCollege.edu> wrote:
John,

She did not reply. Is there anyone else out there who has waxed inkjet
negatives for alt printing?

I very recently tried oiling an inkjet negative printed on Epson Photo
Quality Inkjet Paper--the initial test looked very promising. There seemed
to be no problem getting plenty of density for traditional palladium,
setting the high values in the digital file as follows: input 0, output 25.
A little more contrast would be ideal, perhaps an output of 20. These
negatives were oiled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil--it was all I had on hand.
I was wondering if the oil used on the negatives would eventually go rancid;
certainly, this is the first time I have ever worried about a negative
getting rancid.....

Thank you.

Charles.

Charles Walters
Darkroom Supervisor
The Colorado College Art Department
(719) 389-6369
FAX (719) 389-6882
cwalters@coloradocollege.edu

I haven't created paper negatives to make Plat/Palad prints, but I would suggest mineral oil as a substitute for the biodegradable olive oil. I would be interested in knowing if mineral oil works as well.

Ström