Re: Epson Platinums?

Adam Kimball (akimball@finebrand.com)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:41:37 -0700

Katharine Thayer has mentioned that mineral oil works very well for oiling the
paper. I've only tried it once, and found that it didn't give me the eveness I
was getting from waxing the paper.

Here is how I wax the paper. I use Epson Photo Quality Inkjet paper.

* Buy some canning (paraffin) wax at the grocery -
* Place a piece of blotter paper on top of a cookie sheet
* Place the print face down on the blotter
* Use a hot iron to get the print nice and hot.
* Melt the wax on the print by rubbing the stick of wax against the hot paper.
This will take a number of heating/melting passes to cover entirely.
* Once everything is covered, buff the print with a soft piece of paper towel -
both sides.

Thats how I do it. Waxing is much easier to do than describe. Just start
playing with it and you'll figure it out. This is not rocket science.