Re: Digital is not *easier* [Was: Too much equipment]

Michael McKinney (mckinnm@host1.swosu.edu)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:25:40 -0500

S. Shapiro wrote
<Big Snip>
>It is just this group who can make the difference. In fact, I bet if
>Sullivan got pledges and deposits from us, they'd make Pan XX again --
>$8,000 worth at up dated prices pr.
>
>Go make pictures, use digital, have fun. I'm dead serious; and you
>mentioned print: Going from digital into print is exactly what it was made
>for, in my view; but NOW it becomes aparent ... if we don't stand up for
>what we want the big companies will roll over us.

>Tools are what's needed to use, people are used to being needed.
>, Carmel, CA

Yeah Steve, you are right, to a point. Try and get the great YELLOW (Now
meaning chicken) Father to produce Matrix for dye transfer. Kodabromide.
etc etc.

I think we need to support the small concerns that have the guts to
reinvent Kodak's wheel and survive on making a living rather than making
millions' livings for them. Kodak could give a #$%^ about us. and most of
us have spent a small fortune individually with them either directly, or
through an employer. I just don't buy the idea they will keep
manufacturing product as long as there is a "distributor quantity" involved.

I wish the situation were otherwise.

Michael

C. Michael McKinney, MFA
Southwestern Oklahoma State University