Digital prints

Jonathan C Hall (platinumprint@mediaone.net)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:59:25 -0400

I love the stuff one can do with the computer. I use it and make all kinds of
wonderful images. But, and I do not mean to offend anyone I could never sell
one until the process becomes archival. I have heard of various lengths of
time some of the print media will last. Some even say they last depending on
the process used to create a print as long as 35 years plus or minus. Then
they have said they considered this to be archival.. I feel they, whomever
they are, are lowering the bar of what the museums consider archival to be.

I would like to hear comments to refute my thinking and information on
anything that lasts longer than 35 years. However I want irrefutable proof
that they last longer.
Otherwise I will have to wait till something comes down the pike that meets
the specific criteria to be labeled archival.

If I want one of my images to become archival I photograph it and print with
the correct media.

Thanks all Jonathan