First try at Carbon printing.

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-dejanews.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:16:26 -0800

Hello!

I've wanted to try Carbon printing for many years. I've read through the archives today and found some useful information. Before I get started I'd appreciate a little clarification.

1. Can I get good results with Knox gelatine? I bought 3 boxes today.

2. The info I found uses black Rotring drawing ink. Would the other Koh-i-nor colored inks work as well?

3. I will use the plexiglass method, but how thick should the emulsion be?

4. Can the sensitizer be brushed on rather than tray soaked?

5. After exposure, I'm a bit unclear how you transfer the gelatine to paper. I understand the paper must be sized with gelatine first.

Thanks

Mac

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums