Re: Permanence, my philosophical fussing about rc/fiber and color /silver

fb (aikus@freemail.c3.hu)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:07:13 +0100

Date sent: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:15:36 -0600
From: Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com

> >>The permanent processes (Technicolor, Kodacrome, Dye
> >>Transfer, multilayer pigment tissues, etc.) are in most case need a
> >>lot of time, money, work, strong nerves and so on.
>
> What makes you say that Kodachrome represents a lot of time, money and
> strong nerves? I am 41 and have shot Kodachrome since I was a wee lad of 9
> or 10 or 11 or so and I have never found the film to be any problem.

It is the "and so on" category. The processing of this film is complicated
(compare with a standard one) eg. you usually cannot to develop it in
your studio and to make a workshop which can do it rather expensive - I
think. Perhaps the only exception the Ciba/Ilfochrome which is seems like
enough permanent about the color stability while the process is relatively
simple. (But full plastic, and expensiver like a standard color paper.)

Naturally all high-level technology have different problems...

Bálint Flesch